Saw this on someone's FB page and thought it was really cute:
Don't these words just make you smile? happy, patient, lovely, loyalIt has been an interesting transition into parenthood. For me, it was a sharp jolt into a new lifestyle in which I spent the first month or so adjusting physically, emotionally, mentally, even spiritually (especially as I stayed home for the first month and sorely missed worshiping alongside and having fellowship with the Body). Then it was a month of building confidence as a parent, immersing myself into literature and websites about parenting styles, and observing J and trying to learn his cries, his natural sleeping schedule, and little idiosyncrasies like raising his fist and gurgling when he's sleepy.
This past month, I feel like I've hit my stride...feeling more like my pre-pregnancy self (though I may not quite look like it yet!) and growing more and more comfortable with this new pace of life and taking care of a little one. As we move back into the type of things we used to do, pre-baby, such as date nights and opening our house up, I realize that not only can it be done, but that it's really really good for us! I'm so grateful for who He's given me to love.
At the beginning of next month, I'll be returning to work! It'll be just part-time, but I'm already feeling so sad about leaving J and this chapter of my life coming to a close. One thing I've been praying, though, is for me to do all that I do with all my heart - to do it well. It's going to be difficult to switch gears and go, but I am reminded that He's called me to my school, and to these kids. I want to love them well, love & serve my family well, love my Jesus most.

You're such a good Mommy. God is going to give you the strength and grace to do what is before you.
ReplyDelete