As I write this, you are 11 months and 2 weeks old! How can that be? As time flies, I forget more. I lose track of when you hit certain milestones or when you start doing new things. I don't want to forget - I want to preserve every little moment and lock it up in my brain forever. I told Mr. A that I want to start video recording all the sounds you make...because one day I know I won't be able to remember all the cute sighs and babbles and even your experimentation with the upper range :)
| Fingers in your mouth help produce cool sounds |
I don't know if I am just acting like the typical mama, but I am super impressed with all that you're learning! In just the past 2 weeks, you began:
1.Waving hello and goodbye, fairly consistently. You have us all flapping our hands at the wrist to encourage you :)
2. Eating from a banana directly, without a spoon (as Mr. A likes to call them, "daddy-size bites!")
3. Tilting your head and pretending to hold a phone to your ear when I say, "Hello?" This, I suspect, has developed from your obsession with cell phones.
4. Drinking from a straw...a regular grown-up straw! None of this baby straw stuff. You did this all by yourself (after practicing using the straw a couple times), thus redeeming my guilt from never buying you a sippy cup past Stage 1 (beginner sippy cups for 4 month olds)!
5. Walking, holding on the handles of your hippo cart, all the way across the living room and back! You do this with a huge grin on your face and with such glee. It makes my heart happy and also kind of makes you look like the world's smallest grocery shopper :)
| Showing off your hippo cart to Grandma Lee |
| Mama & me | First trip to Annapolis |
7. Giving lots of hugs and kisses. I never want to let go. :)
8. Laughing at everything! You're really developing an awesome sense of humor. Today you cracked up so much every time I would blow raspberries on you. And then when I did it to your daddy, you laughed even harder. You're also amazingly ticklish. Just two days ago, you suddenly burst out laughing and I didn't know why... until I saw that you were tickling yourself!
![]() |
| Giggly boy | First softball tournament (2nd place!) |
You are growing s o o o o fast! Your emo pointed out to me recently that I always make a sad face when she comments on how fast you're growing or how cute you are. It's just a natural reaction for me as I think about how this is all going by too quickly! Don't ever forget, though, that I do want you to grow (in so many ways) and love to see you do it!
I love you, baby boy :) We are so proud of you.
Love,
Mama

this is so sweet sarah :) love how you're capturing all your favorite memories!
ReplyDelete