Thursday, November 1, 2012

election 2012

So I have an EMBARRASSING confession to make...

 I've never voted before.  Not ever...in the past 12 years of being able to!  It's so, so bad, right?

I am in no way a political person.  But now that I'm a mom, I'm conscious of the fact that I want to set a good example for my boy to recognize that we live in a country where we have the freedom and right to vote!  And we should!

But the thing is, this year's election has me all confused and bewildered over who I should vote for!  I found this civil forum online (personal interviews) hosted by Rick Warren for the 2008 election with Obama and McCain.  I watched clips of it and was very interested to see this year's, because basically he asked each candidate the same questions (which they answered one at a time, with the other in a sound-proof booth)...but I couldn't find anything on youtube.

I finally discovered that Rick Warren had actually canceled the forum this year because:

“It would be hypocritical to pretend civility for one evening only to have the name-calling return the next day,” Warren told the Orange County Register. “I’ve never seen more irresponsible personal attacks, mean-spirited slander, and flat-out dishonest attack ads, and I don’t expect that tone to change before the election.”

Anyway, with all of this confusion, I found a lot of comfort and encouragement in the following message by Max Lucado.  So thankful for a King who sits on the throne, no matter who is in the Oval Office!!!

Praying for the leadership of our nation...

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to watch this vid later today. And even though I voted for the first time last year (it's almost a law in my family), I didn't start getting interested in the whole politics of it till this year. I blame my long car rides and not having anything to listen to except NPR and the news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe Hannah, were you like this kid growing up?? :) So cute!!!

      http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/10/31/164030712/dear-little-girl-sorry-we-made-you-cry-about-bronco-bamma-and-mitt-romney

      Delete