Saturday, March 23, 2013

dear abby...

Hello sweet Abigail!

You are only 29 weeks old (still in the belly), but I wanted to take this chance to write my first letter to you!

At school yesterday, I read a story to my kindergartners by one of my favorite children's book authors, Robert Munsch.  Usually his books are very silly and funny, but this story was more sweet than funny, and the simple message rang in my heart.  Later that day, I realized it was because it encompasses my prayer for you.



Abigail in the Bible (1 Samuel 25), for whom you will be named, was described as being intelligent and beautiful.  This is our prayer for you, too, but even more than that, we pray that you will have the humble and generous heart that we see in the pages of Abigail's story.

This is the heart of the girl, Jillian, in Ribbon Rescue.  Like Jesus, she selflessly gave so others could benefit, even when it came at a great cost.  And also like Jesus, and those who follow His example, she was lifted up/honored in the end.

My heart is so happy when I think about your upcoming arrival!  You are super active and wiggly these days, and your brother J already loves you so much.  He calls you "Baby Abby" and loves to give you hugs and kisses through my belly.  I pray that his affection for you will only grow when he gets to meet you in June, and that you two will be close friends!

I love you, little girl.  Until next time...



7 comments:

  1. !!! Robert Munsch is one of my favoritest child authors! Its so cute how Jonathan already knows "Abby"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! That's me, Hannah B, not Anonymous. Hahah, that looks so creepy! Not sure why my name didn't show up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haahhaa Hannah! :)

    Rebekah, I'm glad you like the books too! :) I just borrowed a ton from the library - you can read them when you come over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will :)
    If you are wondering where your books will be if there not on your shelf, just come to my house where i'll be reading word for word on the couch..
    :)
    I WON SCIENCE FAIR!! out of the WHOLE school!
    i'm so happy :)
    (though, i hate science..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!! Both you and Joy did so well this year!!! :) Congrats!!!!

      Delete