Tuesday, February 2, 2010

chatting.

Today there is a layer of leftover snow on the ground; thus, we have indoor recess. A recess monitor is in the room, leaving me a minute to blog! :)

My kids are in love with puzzles. I have about 7 of them, but they never tire of them. Today, however, Becky came up to me before recess and asked, "Mrs. Park, instead of playing with puzzles, can I just sit at my desk?"

Puzzled (har har), I asked, "What do you want to do at your desk?"

To which she promptly answered, "Talk! ...with my best friends Diego L. and Jessica."

And talk they did. I figured it's a good chance for them to actually socialize and have fun, especially since they have strict lunchroom rules and usually don't get to talk freely then.

Conversation Topics (Overheard):
- iCarly (of course)

-Diego A., who moved to another school yesterday (well, more specifically, the stuff Diego A. left behind in his now-vacated desk...which they found great interest in)

-Other teachers in the school

-Religion. ("God is really big. He's like our Dad! (giggle giggle)")

2 comments: