Tuesday, March 16, 2010

SPRING!!!

It is spring! (Well, kinda sorta...and officially, not.) But it was beautifully warm and sunny outside. What were the signs, you ask?

:: Everyone and their mother was out and about in the neighborhood today! Including my dear little neighbor, seven-year-old Rebekah and her Barbie scooter (which, as I discovered today, has a plastic holder in the front so Barbie herself can ride along!).

:: My car radio needs not to compete with the sound of heat blasting through the vents.

:: Goodbye, winter coat with fur lining, gloves, hat, scarves... (ok, ok, who am I kidding? I never say goodbye to my scarves...)

:: I aired out the entire house today! Opened windows, doors, everything! Nothing like a fresh March breeze to blow away all the germs that have been collecting over my "sickie" weekend. AHHH...

:: I have begun browsing through sandals and flip flops online...

:: Daydreaming about spring break has officially begun (especially as everyone around me is already ON spring break this week!)

Ahh, 'tis all good. Today is a special day, and I will enjoy it for what it is. :)


Thankful for:

-Anniversaries
-Laughing & praying with the youth kids
-Sisters - by blood and by blood of Christ
-My sweet kiddos who write me notes that make me feel like a million bucks
-Sour Patch Kids
-Blogs like this one that make me crack up....
-Beautiful songs that sing my heart like this and this

2 comments:

  1. scarves are totally year round! i get some strange looks in july when i'm rocking the skinny scarf, but they're just so fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about spring is amazing and perfect!!

    P.S How in the world did you ever stumble across that blog!? So random...haha

    ReplyDelete