Tuesday, September 22, 2009

adoption.

This keeps on popping up everywhere for me. Over the weekend, I reunited with a good friend who shared her heart to one day adopt babies from all over the world. Last week, I read a book(which I absolutely love) to my kids. It basically has the same theme:


This is the sweetest story about what a mom is really about...regardless of whether the child is yours biologically or not. I'm nearly brought to tears reading it, and I'm not even a mother! I'm reminded of my very simple thinking when I was little and first learned about adoption. I remember thinking, "Why doesn't everyone just adopt? It doesn't make sense to keep having children when so many kids are already without families..." It's not so easy...but something to pray about, for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, we need more mother's and father's with open hearts to adoption! Ever since Onething08 I've been so convicted about abortion and adoption along with human trafficking/prostitution. There was a great message on the onething podcast about the end time prayer movement and how adoption is one of the biggest and most necessary components. I will try and find the message and e-mail it to you. I believe adoption is so beautiful!! Keep praying and may the Lord lead you as He desires!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, we need more mother's and father's with open hearts to adoption! Ever since Onething08 I've been so convicted about abortion and adoption along with human trafficking/prostitution. There was a great message on the onething podcast about the end time prayer movement and how adoption is one of the biggest and most necessary components. I will try and find the message and e-mail it to you. I believe adoption is so beautiful!! Keep praying and may the Lord lead you as He desires!

    ReplyDelete