I stumbled upon this today...and in light of cleaning up our house, it struck a chord with me. I'm such a Bible-buying addict...but reading this reminded me of a quote I once heard which said something to the effect of a Bible on a shelf being a waste.
Anyway, the Bible Foundation is having an October Bible drive. All of the Bibles are then donated all over the world to hospitals, nursing homes, inner city churches & ministries, rescue missions, ship ministries, prisons & jails, homeless shelters, street ministries, ethnic neighborhoods, migrant camps, individual ministries, remote villages around the world, homes, schools, bus stations, railway stations, small churches, halls and open air meetings, and refugee camps.
Here is the closest collection location:
BETHEL WORLD OUTREACH MINISTRIES INT'L
8252 Georgia Ave.
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(301) 588-8099 x207
www.bwochurch.org
Open 10 - 7 P.M., Tues - Fri.
No comments:
Post a Comment