For some reason, these days I've been watching and reading a lot about the Chapman family. I've always found Steven Curtis Chapman's songs to be really catchy (e.g. Let Us Pray, Yours, etc.) and I grew in such respect for him and his entire family after the release of his love album dedicated to his wife of 25 years. They have 3 biological children and adopted 3 little girls from China, and their lives are an amazing, amazing testimony of the love of Christ.
Last May, there was a tragic accident in which their youngest daughter, Maria Sue, was struck by a car (with her older brother behind the wheel) and she passed away. I remember hearing about it and not even being able to comprehend the hurt and pain the family must have been experiencing... it was painful even hearing the news of a family I've never even met before. And I wondered, how would they cope?
From recently stumbling upon and reading their blogs and watching their family interview on Larry King Live (thanks, youtube), I see God's grace all the more abounding in their lives. I am so encouraged and inspired by their faith in His goodness, even through tragedy and pain. And surely, He is good.
I want to adopt.
No comments:
Post a Comment