[+] While sitting around our Friday lunch group table, my kids were chattering on and on about iCarly. Never have seen the show, probably never will. And even though she brought up the topic, Leilani interrupted in a loud voice, "Let's talk about vegetables!"
The funny thing? The kids quickly and effortlessly switched gears and then launched a discussion about their favorite vegetables. :)
[+] Yesterday, I brought in my wedding album to share with my co-workers. Since the students were fairly quiet at the end of the day, I decided to show them too. While looking at one portrait of me & Mr. A, one of my students called out incredulously, "That looks like YOU!"
You should collect all your stories about kids in your classroom and sell it as a book. Then you can give me half the profits for giving you such an amazing and bulletproof idea.
ReplyDeleteBack when I taught in Cburg, I showed my class (of 11th graders) a picture of Nat (Josiah wasn't born yet) and one kid said in an incredulous voice... "Holy cow, he's Asian!" LOL!!
ReplyDelete