Wednesday, January 6, 2010

.munchkins.

I don't know what it is, but this week God has given me an extraordinary yet delightful amount of patience and love for my kids. I just wanna hug them and squeeze them and tell them how precious they are! I pray this is more than just a passing phase - that I will remember to love even when teaching gets frustrating...

B. is one of the smartest kids I have ever encountered. She is quick and intuitive and loves to tease. Her random question of the day for me was, "Do you have fake skinny jeans?" She then proceeded to pull up her pant legs to reveal her own "fake skinny jeans" that she had layered underneath. Then she commented (almost to herself) that she had put her underpants on backwards today, and scampered off.

D. is a very pretty and affectionate little girl. She reminds me of America Ferrera. One day she came to school wearing sparkly red ballet flats that must have once been part of a Halloween costume. Ever since then, I started calling her Dorothy, even though none of my kids have ever seen (much less heard of!) The Wizard of Oz. According to her sister, shortly thereafter, D. began asking her mom if she could change her name to Dorothy. Hahha!

J. has one of the biggest, gentlest hearts in the class. He has a tough guy's name, though. In fact, before school started, I asked Mr. A. to look at my class roster and tell me if he could predict which students would be my class angels and which would be my RML students (Require More Love)...and J was chosen as one of the latter and, based solely on his name, I agreed. It was just a silly conversation, but it made me rethink trying to label kids (even if just for fun). Anyway, he has the most amazing dance moves I have ever seen (especially for a 6 year old.) I can tell who his influences are, though, because when B. made the comment about skinny jeans, he immediately piped up with, " Michael Jackson wore skinny jeans!"

My kids have a slight obsession with M. J.

At the end of the day, the children who walk home were arguing over who would get to hold my hand on the way out. Ah...I shall cherish these moments because these kiddos grow up far too quickly.

2 comments:

  1. haha the left wing liberal media targeted the children with their propaganda, brainwashing the youth to aspire to be like MJ no matter what the cost! haha jk;

    But I wonder what would happen if the death of Christ and His resurrection was propagated in the media and children started wanting to be like Him...

    ReplyDelete