Sunday, April 25, 2010

1st grade alumni

Last week, the music teacher marched down a class of second graders to my classroom. It wasn't any old second grade class; these were my students from last year, who had looped and moved onto the next grade together since they had worked so well as an ESOL co-teaching class.

Apparently, they hadn't been working so well in Music. Mr. K. asked for me to step into the hallway and give them a few words to help them shape up their behavior. They were super-quiet and very repentant when I talked in a quiet, low voice with them, and then handed them each a sheet of writing paper to write apology letters to Mr. K.

Later, I discovered that Mr. K. had turned the assignment around, and had them write letters to me instead...and then their second grade teacher added that they had to get the letters signed by their parents!

Considering the diligence of this class, it wasn't a surprise that I received a manila folder filled with all of the class' letters a few days later. Here are some of my favorites from the bunch:

Dear Mrs. Park im sorry for disiponting you and thank you for all you have done for me and tring to make me a beter persen so i want to say sorry and im sorry for stoping you in the midol of class. Love, D'Anjelo
_____

I am sorry how I acced to Day I Just had sping Fever because I coldent sleep that much YesterDay I am very sorry because how I acced toDay and made You disaponted. From: Katherine.
_____

Dear Ms. Parck Im sorry that I was bad to Mr. K I will respect him for the rest of the school year you know, we were good but I donte know wat happen to me I Just changed but Im going to try to get My self back in place because I am responsible for my actions And I responcible for me I will never get a phone call ever agein. I will lisein like last year. Because you tot me well. I will never disipont you the best first grade teacher every because I want you to be Happy but not sad because it makes me sad to. Love, NAthAn
______

Dear Mrs. Park I'm very sorry I did this I know last year I was a good child but this year I'm doing bad I'm very very sorry Mrs. Park but I will be good I Prommis that I will be a good girl. Love, Abigail
_____

Ms. Park I am sorry because I was talking. I will be a good Boy. you are my best friend. I will go to third grade and I will be good. Thank you for teaching me things that I did not know. I will be good in and Mrs. K.'s class. thank you from Mike.
_____

Daer. ms. Park me and my class maets are so sorry that we waset your time and that we maed you desupoetid to. do you forgave us? Yes Plese say Yes oh Yes or No ok You sed Yes oh and think you for makeing me and my classmates smrat. Love, Miguel





precious.

6 comments:

  1. Nathan is too cute with his "donte know wat happen to me I Just changed but Im going to try to get My self back in place because I am responsible for my actions" Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha wow you must be like the most awesomest teacher. haha "you are my best friend." hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable.. i like how you said they were "repentant"... haha, it's like little repentance testimonies

    ReplyDelete
  4. "do you forgave us? Yes Plese say Yes oh Yes or No ok You sed Yes oh and think you for makeing me and my classmates smrat"

    ReplyDelete
  5. bahahaa i wish you were my teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahaha.
    They're soo cute!
    especially Nathan's :)
    Miguel's "Yes oh!" haha

    ReplyDelete