Tuesday, April 13, 2010

almost there.

I am nearing my final hours before I turn in my National Board Certification application (Take One! aka part 1 of 2). This application/portfolio has been consuming me for the past 2 months and this week, I will finally be shipping it off!

Tonight I am thankful for:

1. C.K., who has been a wonderful friend and cheerleader as she tirelessly read my drafts and made very insightful comments and suggestions

2. My husband, who has been keeping me well supplied with candy (my latest obsession: jellybeans!) and coffee, always served up with a smile! :)

3. Hope, hope, hope. Our God, who provides it all! I don't know how I'd be able to do anything without being able to see that glimmer of hope in all things. (Plus, I just love the word glimmer.)


[Also? I am thankful for Francine Rivers, for continuing to write books! I just reread her last book, written in 2003, and she publishes a new one just in time! I just ordered myself a celebratory gift - her latest, Her Mother's Hope - due to arrive on my doorstep on the postmark due date of my portfolio. Can't wait!!!]


Back to work...the final push! :)

1 comment:

  1. National certification? congrats! I didn't know that's what you were working on! My mentor teacher in Chicago, back when I was student teaching, also did the program. Good luck, and enjoy Part 2! =)

    P.S. mmmmmmm... jellybeans! not sure how much I did the jellybeans/coffee combo though... LOL!

    ReplyDelete