It's easy for me to get overwhelmed, inundated by questions, wonderings, worries.
- Can I really handle labor?
- Will I be able to go through with natural childbirth as we've been planning, through class?
- What if he arrives super early, while we're still in school?
- What if he arrives super late, when Mr. A. is away?
- What if J is really, really big?
- What will I be like as a mother?
- What will I be doing, career-wise after J arrives?
- What will I be doing, ministry-wise after J arrives?
- Will we be able to balance taking care of a baby, a house, others, and ourselves, all when we are utterly sleep-deprived?
- ...
Be at rest once more, O my soul,
for the Lord has been good to you.
I cannot, cannot forget His goodness. It's been proven over and over to me in very real ways. Even as our life will change in a dramatic ways in the next five weeks, I have to remember that He is good, and what He does is good. So - He calls my soul to be at rest and remember. He is the Provider God, my Good Shepherd, who calls me to come rest in His gentle guidance.
Yesterday's hymn leaped off the pages into my heart. Especially the end of verse 1 and beginning of verse 2:
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.
Be still.
I love this post. I really needed to hear that verse and the hymn is also so comforting.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for writing this. :)
Miss and love you Sar!
YSIC~