1. There is something so satisfying about a toasted bagel with butter & honey paired with a cup of coffee. Since my travel cup is leaky and unreliable, I've become a pro at transporting a mug in the car.
2. My gas tank is full. Makes me happily itch for a road trip.
3. This morning, on the way to school I saw 2 full flying V's, followed by 4 geese flying in a perfect slash. Like this: \ Where was the other half? / ? If I understood geesese, they were probably squawking, Wait for uuuuusss...
4. I haven't talked too much about my class this year yet. I'm still getting a feel of what they're like. But I must say, a couple of them made me laugh today.
:: One of them proudly showed off her new coat to me. She said, "It's a "hi kitty" coat!"
:: The same little girl also giggled to herself and told me, "My mom tells funny jokes." So intrigued, I asked, "Like what?" She quickly rattled off, "Knockknock. Who's there. Banana!" (class erupts in laughter.) I'm still not sure why it was so funny...weirdo kids. :) Anyway, I asked, "Banana who?" and she made up an ending, "Banana in the water" and burst out laughing.
:: The other day, for our literacy campaign kick-off celebration, all the teachers came to school dressed as literary characters. I dressed up as Daisy Head Mayzie (from a lesser-known Dr. Seuss book), and fashioned a headband with a large fake daisy sticking out of it. Today, one of my boys marched into school with a flower for me (probably plucked out of someone's garden...oops...) and presented it to me as if it were sticking out of the top of his head too.
haha you have the funniest kids ever
ReplyDeleteA toasted bagel with butter and HONEY...yeah!
ReplyDeletei love the slash geese image... awesome :D
ReplyDelete