Wednesday, May 12, 2010

sweetness.

Sweet: I love candy. I've always had a sweet tooth. I love that candies are called "sweets." I shall call them sweets more often.

Sweet: I am not a mother. Yet I always seem to get Mother's Day gifts from students. I think everyone assumes that if you are a teacher and female, you must also be a mother. :) This year, I got pink nail polish and Avon concealor. The gifts are always girly, always interesting. And sweet.

Sweet: After reading The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig, a hilarious version of The Three Little Pigs, aloud to my class, one sweetie pie loudly declared, "You're such a good reader! Thank you for reading to us, Mrs. Park!" and the class erupted in spontaneous applause.

Sweet: Today I forgot an important paper for an after-school meeting. I mentioned my frustration while texting Mr. A. this morning before school. At 9:30, in the middle of Math groups, there was a sudden knock on the door. Mr. A. was standing at my door, the important paper in hand. He had used his entire planning period to drive home, fetch the paper, and bring it all the way to my school! It made my class' day, and mine. If that isn't sweet, I don't know what is. :)

3 comments: